Hohenheim Stuttgart Jägerallee ---> Populus x canadensis

Hier findet ihr Platz für sonstige Themen

Moderatoren: stefan, LCV, tormi

Chris Gurk
Site Admin
Hohenheim Stuttgart Jägerallee ---> Populus x canadensis

Beitrag von Chris Gurk »

Excuse me for writing in English. I have been told that in Hohenheim Stuttgart there is the Jägerallee mit 200 jahr alten Italienische Populieren (Pyramidenpappeln) I have studied the photos and compared them with the Eigenschaften, like habitus, bark (Borke), Brettwurzeln, and I doubt the trees are Populus nigra Italica. How can I find an adress in germany to look at this problem

Joost Gieskes

LCV
Beitrag von LCV »

Lt. Google-maps gibt es in S-Hohenheim keine Jägerallee. Im ganzen Umkreis ist nur eine Jägerallee in Ostfildern zu finden. Bitte erst mal die genaue Anschrift verifizieren. Evtl. kann man über StreetView etwas herausfinden.

Joost S.H. Gieskes

Beitrag von Joost S.H. Gieskes »

The Jägerallee is in Hohenheim university, Schlosspark, 70599 Stuttgart

Joost Gieskes

LCV
Beitrag von LCV »

Hi Joost,

ok, but unfortunately streetview doesn't work beside of public area. I tried to check the "Schlosspark" but I cannot see any Populus nigra "Italica". I guess the pics are not good enough and from the view of an helicopter it is very difficult.

Maybe it would be a good idea to contact the university. Or do you have pictures of these trees?

Best regards
Frank

biloba

Beitrag von biloba »

Wenn ich jetzt wüsste, wie man eine Italienische Pappel von einer Stino-Pappel unterscheidet, könnte ich mir das morgen mal ansehen und auf Wunsch ein paar Detail-Fotos machen.

Zeit für ein Studium der Baumlisten habe ich leider nicht mehr. Ich muss bald los fahren.

Also was braucht Ihr?

Joost S.H. Gieskes

hohenheim pappeln

Dear Frank, (and Biloba?),Oh yes I have very good photos but unfortunately I have not yet found out how to put them on this Forum. I tried but no, I better ask Chris Gurk again . Point is, there is a picture of 1801 where you can clearly see that in the Schlosspark (Jägerallee) there is al ong row of Italian poplars (Populus nigra 'Italica'). These trees have been cut down to kopfweiden form, and the university still claims they are the same. Well, poplars of 1801 is vry seldom!! Yet, when I study the photographs and see not those steep branches, and I see not the well known buttress roots (in german Brettwürzeln), so a quite normal stem like the Populus canadensis, I start to have serious doubts whether thes trees are Pyramidenpappeln ( in English Lombard Poplars. This the reason that I put my question to your organisation. It is pure scientific curiosity of me!! I ask Chris again about how to load down photographs. Hopefully Chris will read this message

LCV
Beitrag von LCV »

Hi Joost,

uploading pics is not very difficult.

At first you should modify the size of the photos on your computer.
The common size for this forum is 640 x 480 px (not more than 640 for the longer side).

Below of the text area you find Auswählen ...
Click on this button and search your pic on your PC. Click on the
file and ready. If you want to show more than 1 photo, you click on
Attachment hinzufügen, wait 2 or 3 seconds and then you can repeat this for the next photo ... Auswählen... --- Attachment hinzufügen --- and so on.

Of course at last ---> Absenden.

Best regards
Frank

Joost S.H. Gieskes

Hello Frank, here follow pictures if I succeed. You will see the trees of Hohenheim and pictures typical for the Italian poplar with the Brettwürzeln and the thick knobs on the trunk. The trunks and the canopy of the trees in Hohenheim do not look like Italian poplars, but I may be mistaken.....Is there annybody of your organisation who can check this? One picture is of 1801!!!

Best regards, Joost

Frank I get the impression that I can send only one.......
Dateianhänge
Jägerallee Hohenheim.JPG
Jägerallee Hohenheim.JPG (161.25 KiB) 6109 mal betrachtet

Joost S.H. Gieskes

Jagerallee
Dateianhänge
Jägerallee 2.jpg
Jägerallee 2.jpg (98.17 KiB) 6107 mal betrachtet

Joost S.H. Gieskes

Jagerallee
Dateianhänge
Jágerallee 5.jpg
Jágerallee 5.jpg (81.68 KiB) 6106 mal betrachtet

LCV
Beitrag von LCV »

Hi Joost,

thanks for the photos. These trees do not look like Populus nigra "Italica". But I don't know what happens if you cut such a tree. Maybe it will get another appearance.

The only way to solve this question would be a genetic analysys (but it is very expensive). Did you ask the university?

Best regards
Frank

biloba

Beitrag von biloba »

Ich war soeben vor Ort.
Es gibt die Jägerallee.
Dort wachsen Pappeln.
Brettwurzeln konnte ich nicht entdecken.
Die Pappeln sind in diesem Alter offensichtlich bereits alte Greise und diesen Zustand sieht man ihnen deutlich an.

Grüße!

bee

Beitrag von bee »

Hallo,
ich habe ein bisschen nachgelesen.
Pyramidenpappeln ('Italica') sollen eine sehr kurze Lebensspanne haben (40 Jahre), vor allem in feuchteren Klimaten (also Deutschland u.Mitteleuropa)

Hier steht, es gibt noch ähnlich schlanke Kultivare/ Klone etc.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramidenpappel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populus_nigra

Es könnte sich vielleicht im Populus nigra ''Afghanica' (syn. 'Thevestina') handeln, die sollen säulenförmige Stämme ohne Brettwurzeln haben, keine Verzweigung/ Stammaustrieb so weit unten und im Vergleich sehr helle Rinde haben.
Es soll sich dabei um weibliche Bäume handeln, überwiegend in SO-Europa angepflanzt seit dem Osmanischen Reich (also früh).

Hier geht es auch in etwa um dieses Thema, verlinkt sind Beispielbilder von typischen Stämmen.
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/loa ... 16414.html
Viele Grüße von bee

Joost S.H. Gieskes

Italian poplar Hohenheim university
Dateianhänge
Italian poplar hohenheim
Italian poplar hohenheim
Jägerallee 4.jpg (100.5 KiB) 6045 mal betrachtet

Andreas75

Beitrag von Andreas75 »

Sorry, but this are no Italian Poplars. The new growth has to be much straighter and more columnar as to see in the photos.
So i think, this are Populus x canadensis.

Antworten